Comment thermco2 SNF 2012-08-02 15:51:51: bad crack happened to one of the wafers

minchieh at snf.stanford.edu minchieh at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 2 15:51:52 PDT 2012

I did a 1000'C, 1.5 hr wetox for 0.5 um oxide on 3 brand new b-test wafers, and one of the wafers came out with some cracks, and two places on the side were even curved / bent (looks like some clamp marks).
The other two wafers are completely normal though.
I believe I didn't put the wafer in cross-slots. Not sure whether that particular slot has any problem. I used the 2nd cassette from left in Thermco2 and just want to let people know about this.