DCS service restored ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 13 15:51:24 PDT 2011

Fans of tools that use DCS:

I am pleased to report that the DCS service has been restored following
a complete rebuild of the burn box that services the toxic/flammable gas
vault.

I'd like to thank Mike Dickey, Ray Seymour, Ted Berg, Maurice Stevens,
and Mary Tang for all jumping in to help with various aspect of this
project so that we could effect this rebuild in a timely fashion.

If you have never seen or dealt with the insides of a burn box that is
used as an abatement system for a facility such as ours, you should know
that this is unpleasant and potentially hazardous work.  The materials
found inside a burn box are typically toxic, corrosive, and often burst
into flames when exposed to air.

I'm sure that the above members of "Team Burn Box" would appreciate a
word of thanks the next time that you see them.

Happy processing,

John