Problem thermcopoly1 SNF 2007-08-13 10:04:17: failed leak check twice P550POLY

lindaw at snf.stanford.edu lindaw at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 13 10:04:18 PDT 2007

P550POLY program.  When gate valve opens, there is no change in pressure as monitored in the back (tube pressure) or from the screen (tube, pump and aux).  This happened on saturday as well. But the STBYPOLY ran ok and pumped down ok on saturday after I had to quit trying to run P550POLY.  During the initial pumpdown (halfgate open) and the full pumpdown (gate valve open) the screen display highlights DOOR SW and below that SVAC.   It did this last week, but the pumpdown was normal then, so I don't know if this is indicating anything.  The o-ring looks clean and seated.  I pushed on the back of the door to make sure it was fully in contact with the tube neck, as per the notes on the instruction sheet, but still the tube won't pump down at all.  I am going to try one more time.  I only have two wafers, so I can't imagine they are outgassing so much as to keep the tube at such high pressure when the gate valve is open.