rebooting thermco computer

maurice stevens maurice at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 27 09:52:16 PST 2007

Hi Thermco users,

We have a couple of reports on coral that the Thermco computer has been
rebooted.  But before the staff has come in to reset things, someone has
logged into the system and started running a program.

When the system is rebooted it loses it's boat and temperature
calibrations.

If there are computer problems, report it on coral and let staff reset it.

We cannot determine if there is a computer issue if all the evidence of
a problem is gone.  Also, (and more important to most of you) without a
temp calibration, you will not get the correct growth rates.

-m

maurice at stanford.edu

Maurice Stevens
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility