Problem thermcopoly2 SNF 2008-03-25 15:02:56: Burning smell emanating from "Blower 1"

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 25 15:02:57 PDT 2008

This morning there was a rather non-localized burning smell in the area of wbsilicide and thermcopoly2 that seemed strongest closest to the load end of thermcopoly2.
On the back of the load station, I found that there was the same, reasonably strong smell, at the input of "Blower 1" and the whole unit was somewhat warm.
I turned off blower one and after a couple of hours, the smell seems to have dissipated.
So, I don't know what is inside that box ... squirrel cage or something .... but I suspect that something in there has overheated and fried.
Thanks,
John