[Fwd: B2h6 is going away]

Eric Perozziello eap at gloworm.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jan 29 20:36:19 PST 2009

Of course it's a concern, because the process will be
completely changed.

Aside from deposition rates and doping incorporation,
I believe that the use of N2 as a diluent may shift the
process into the mass-transport-limited regime.
This would likely give less conformal films.

It sounds like it's a forced change (is that right?).
If so, I guess the best that we can do is work
around it-  it might be good to baseline our current
process (including trench/via fill) and compare it
to the new process.  It might be that a lower temperature
"standard" deposition is more useful in the new
chemistry.

How soon?  Any chance of getting a trench/via wafer
test?

Thanks,
-Eric