ThermcoPoly1 going gold

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 9 16:49:37 PST 2010

All,

I am receiving your emails and I hear your concerns.  I know
transitions like this are difficult and how impossible it is to find
the perfect time.  We are not out to jeopardize your work, but we are
trying to support the lab members who for years have been asking for
more capability in processing substrates in the gold contaminated category.

The intention of the earlier email was to remind everyone one the
change is coming.  Maurice has been working on gathering data on
Thermcopoly2.  We must get a complete set of data, have it published
and have it reviewed by the lab member community before the
change.  I will be gathering the data out of Thermcopoly2 and will
monitor the progress in Maurice's absence.  But be clear, the
objective is to provide poly processing support for non-clean or gold
contaminated substrates.  This means one of the poly tubes has to
change.  From the emails, it seems like the end of March should be
the target for the conversion if we meet the criteria mentioned
above.  Out of fairness to the projects which are waiting for the
conversion, we do need to set a target date.  The number of current
Thermcopoly1 users who are impacted by this change is similar to the
number of lab members who are waiting.

Regards,
Ed