ThermcoPoly1 going gold

Eric Perozziello eap at gloworm.Stanford.EDU
Wed Mar 10 01:57:12 PST 2010

I'll add to that:  It very well might be the right
thing to do to convert this tool. But we, the users try to
plan processes, sometimes months in advance, and often
have countless hours in characterization.

What seems wrong here is to make an announcement of
such a change within a month of it actually occuring,
and the lack of input/discussion for it.

The fundamental issue here is that SNF is not responsible
or accountable for working devices as users generally are,
which leads to harmful decisions and poor planning that
can then severely impact users' ability to make working devices.

I would propose that data on thermcopoly2 be collected and
presented by staff, and accepted by the user community before any
official switch is made.  The end work-product of the
lab seems to be lost in the decision-making process.

-Eric