Use of Steam in Ox Furnaces

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 28 19:27:04 PDT 2002

I'm forwarding a note that Nancy wrote (below) as a warning for use of
oxidation furnaces...  We'll keep you posted...

Mary
-------------------
Folks,

During TCA testing last night or this morning crud, probably from
either
the TCA bubbler or the TCA lines to oxditation tubes 1-4, was
introducted into the tubes via the injectors.

A short TCA dry clean was performed after the TCA lines were
replaced,
so we are fairly confident that the tubes are not contaminated.
There
may, however, be an issue when the injectors have gases flowing
through
them.

Rather than shut down all the funaces, we are sending this warning
against using wet programs in tylans1-4.  If possible, please delay
your
steam oxidation processing until we have more information.

A message describing all the events and issues should be forthcoming,
but since you have all reserved ox furnaces for tonight or tomorrow
morning you are receiving this advance warning.

Thanks and appologies for any confusion of hassle this causes.

                                Nancy
--
Nancy Latta
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility