Problem tylan1 SNF 2008-06-10 16:14:50: I/O error message on tycom

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 10 17:27:47 PDT 2008

When I went in, there was nothing lit on the part of the display that usually says "RUN" or "READY".  Resetting the TCU box (underneath the jungle didn't help.  Then I decided to do 2 things:
1. Make sure that the intermediate DB25 connections were tight.
2. Reset what I believe is the slave computer (underneath the load station).
After doing that, the system came back to life and I was able to successfully load the 800AN recipe.
While I'm not confident that I've really solved anything permanetnly, we are at least back on the air.  At the very least we should get a single, long serial cable that can go all the way from the Tycom to Bank 1 without intermediate connections.  Both of the connections near the burnbox look to be somewhat corroded.
Thanks,
John