Shutdown tylan1 SNF 2010-04-13 01:30:39: Furnace is off the rails

damodei at snf.stanford.edu damodei at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 13 01:30:40 PDT 2010

The furnace is off its rails, literally.  I was running program WET1100, when I returned to unload my wafers, the rails were sagging on the side toward the tube.  There is so much sag I believe it would be dangerous to close the tube (it looks as if the clear circular diffuser will crash into the tube if I try to do that).  Also, there appear to be broken wafer pieces inside and just outside the tube.  All of my wafers came out fine, so there must have already been a wafer in the tube (either broken or whole, left by a previous user) and was pushed out by the sagging tube.  As far as I can tell, the rails are supported only on one side, so perhaps that support needs to be tightened.
I don't want to waste energy by leaving the tube open, but it's unsafe to close, so I see little choice but to leave it open.
Needs urgent attention.  Really bizarre.