Problem tylan1 SNF 2012-06-30 08:06:16: Control computer down

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Jun 30 08:46:24 PDT 2012

We were able to breath life back into the Tycom computer by powering it down, re-seating all of the boards in the cage and the booting it up again.  When I was putting the case back on, I found that the DB-25 connector that goes (I think) to the display was a bit loose and did not have it's security screws in place. I also re-attached that properly and it is possible, if not likely, that this was the culprit.  As an aside, no equipment person worth his/her salt EVER fails to attach connectors probably.  They know that this is the cause of countless failures.
Thanks,
John