Tylan4 is now gold contaminated!

Nancy Latta latta at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 6 18:12:08 PDT 2004

Folks,

As per the general plan for furnaces in SNF, tylan4 is now a gold
contaminated furnace.  Red signs have been placed at the furnace and at
the lab entrance to tell labmembers of this change in the cleanliness
status of tylan4.

Thermco1 and thermco2 are clean oxidation systems which accommodate four
and six inch wafers.  Please contact Maurice (maurice at snf.stanford.edu)
for information and training.

Please check with the Special Materials Committee if you would like to
use tylan4.  All materials must be first approved by the committee for
compatibility with the desired temperature.  The committee may be
contacted at specmat at snf.stanford.edu.

Please use your own tweezers to load and unload samples from tylan4.  We
will not provide a vacuum wand for the system.

All of the furnace recipes will remain the same, as will the available
gases.

Please contact me if you have any questions.  My apologies if you
receive this message twice.  I want to make sure that everyone is
informed of this important change.

-Nancy