Problem tylan2 SNF 2008-11-10 13:15:15: Non-uniformity ....

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 10 13:15:15 PST 2008

Arash sent out the following message to the tylan2 mailing list .... but it clearly should be listed as a problem.
Hello Tylan users,
I used tylan2 to grow 300A?oxide (recipe: DRY900C time 1hr) last week, the uniformity across one wafer and from wafer to wafer is horrible. One of the wafers has 100A? thickness variation, about 33%! I have attached thickness maps measured by Woolam, the wafers were loaded in the middle boat with flat on the top.  I also used the same recipe with shorter time to re-grow oxide on one of my wafers last month, again there was 40% variation and I had throw out the wafer. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Is there a remedy?

Thanks,
Arash