Tylan 2 uniformity issues

Arash Hazeghi ahazeghi at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 10 11:56:24 PST 2008

Hello Tylan users,

I used tylan2 to grow 300A°oxide (recipe: DRY900C time 1hr) last week, the
uniformity across one wafer and from wafer to wafer is horrible. One of the
wafers has 100A° thickness variation, about 33%! I have attached thickness
maps measured by Woolam, the wafers were loaded in the middle boat with flat
on the top.  I also used the same recipe with shorter time to re-grow oxide
on one of my wafers last month, again there was 40% variation and I had
throw out the wafer. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Is there a remedy?

Thanks,

Arash

------

Arash Hazeghi