tylan 2 uniformity issue

Arash Hazeghi ahazeghi at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 14 17:03:56 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have using tylan 2 to grow thin gate oxide for my devices, I have noticed
some 20-30% variation across some wafers, most noticeably I tried growing on
a wafer which already had oxide from a previous growth, I used DRY900 for
25min to grow an additional 100A but the final thickness variation was as
high as 40A. looking at the original wafer which had also gone through
DRY900, it looks like the lower half of the wafer had more growth, is this
related to some turbulence issue in the furnace? Is there an "optimal"
position for the wafers along the boat?

Thanks,

Arash

------