Shutdown tylan6 SNF 2005-06-20 18:06:17: POCl smell in the lab

ericp at snf.stanford.edu ericp at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 20 18:06:18 PDT 2005

At about 17:45, Uli came out to get me for a HCl-like
odor at the silicide wetbench.  I couldn't find the source
by nosing around, so I checked all possible Chlorine sources
in the area.  When I came up to Bank2, I could really smell
Chlorine at the load end.  I checked and POCl was running.
Per Jim McVittie, I aborted the tube with 00:18:45 remaining
in the deposition step.  I valved off the POCL source
bottle in the rear cabinet.  (BOTH valves, in and out).
I don't think the leak is in the cabinet, but I did this
as a precaution.  The smell was most strong at the load
end of the tube (where you load the wafers, in the lab,
not in the chase).   The smell disappeared within a
minute or two of aborting the run.