Comment tylanbpsg SNF 2008-08-20 11:08:58: 8/20/08 Shott temp measurements

maurice at snf.stanford.edu maurice at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 20 11:08:58 PDT 2008

John Shott reports:
Following re-tightening of some of the heater electrodes and a re-calibration of the profiles, things are looking FAR flatter than we have been seeing based on pulling the K-type thermocouple through the ceramic sheath at 2" inch intervals in spacing and at 2.5 minute measurement intervals.
In this case, I have listed this as the thermocouple depth into the ceramic tube.  In this case, the spike thermocouples for the source, center, and load are approximately at 58", 41" and 24" depths.
Here are the thermocouple depths and measured temperatures for what should be a flat 400 degree C profile:
TC Depth:   Temp:
57"      403.3
55"      403.0
53"      402.7