Burnbox cleaning

Dick Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 24 12:08:17 PDT 2002

LPCVD users:

In an effort to minimize unscheduled downtime, I am scheduling a two
hour PM for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 0600 through 0800, to
allow for routine burn box cleaning. The PM schedule will commence
Monday, 10/28/02. This PM program will minimize the randomness of the
cleans to permit better scheduling for users. If the scheduled day is a
holiday, then the cleaning will be rescheduled to to the preceding or
following day

How is this different from our present method? Currently the burn box
back pressure is monitored and logged daily. If pressure become
positive, the burn box is cleaned as soon as there is a coincidental
time opening in all the LPCVD tubes. Sometimes this is difficult to
achieve without inconveniencing someone. In general, the box is cleaned
Monday and Friday mornings and as required during the week. If there are
thick nitride and/or LTO depositions, the box loads up more quickly with
the cleanings becoming more random. The PM schedule will improve up
time.

Thanks,

Dick