thin LTO questions

Theresa Kramer tkramer at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 14 19:15:14 PST 2003

Hi,

I have two questions about thin LTO and pinholes.  We would like to put
aluminum pads over deposited oxide which is 10s of nanometers thick, or
less (ideally).  Does anyone have experience with thin LTO and know a
minimum thickness where pinholes become a problem?  How about as deposited
or following a densification step?  Are we crazy to even contemplate this
type of structure?

Also, we are wondering how thin the LTO could be before probes landed
gently on the 200nm aluminum would pierce the oxide underneath.  If
anyone has experience with either of these issues, I would greatly
appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Theresa