Insufficient number of nonmetal dummy wafers

Soogine Chong sgchong at
Tue Aug 9 12:28:53 PDT 2011

I was not able to do my run, because I didn't have enough nonmetal dummy wafers.  There were empty spaces for about five wafers in the boat.  I had two wafers to process, and there weren't any dummies in the dummy boxes.

Are the wafers somewhere where I couldn't find them, or do we need to get more dummy wafers?

I saw that Chen and Jaehyung had stripped oxide two/three runs ago.  Did you have more dummy wafers back then?

Soogine Chong
Stanford University
PhD candidate in Electrical Engineering
e-mail: sgchong at