Insufficient number of nonmetal dummy wafers

Chen Chen cchen86 at
Tue Aug 9 12:44:30 PDT 2011

Hi, Soogine,

When I did the dummy strip, the dummy wafer boxes were empty. Those dummies
in the tube were all that I could find.

-----Original Message-----
From: Soogine Chong
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 12:28 PM
To: tylanbpsg at ; maurice at
Subject: Insufficient number of nonmetal dummy wafers

I was not able to do my run, because I didn't have enough nonmetal dummy
wafers.  There were empty spaces for about five wafers in the boat.  I had
two wafers to process, and there weren't any dummies in the dummy boxes.

Are the wafers somewhere where I couldn't find them, or do we need to get
more dummy wafers?

I saw that Chen and Jaehyung had stripped oxide two/three runs ago.  Did you
have more dummy wafers back then?

Soogine Chong
Stanford University
PhD candidate in Electrical Engineering