tube status

Ray Seymour seymour at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 6 15:22:42 PDT 2001

I thought I would give the SIGE users a update on furnace status.
Mike and I have repaired the pumping problem which was caused by the
tube running away thermally and destroying the viton orings. In the
process of getting the tube up we had to replace the booster pump on the
vacuum system.
The tube has passed the hot leak check.
I have flowed N2 and turned on pressure control and it controlled at
1000 mt.
I think I have found the cause of the thermal runaway and checked the
operation of the over temp controls. I need to do some additional
testing on the over temp protection circuit and do a TCU calibration.
The tube should be up to use the first part of next week.