Problem wafersaw 2004-05-18 18:27:02: No blade / Cuts are offset

zappe at snf.stanford.edu zappe at snf.stanford.edu
Tue May 18 18:27:02 PDT 2004

There is only one blade at the saw with the actual blade being perfectly removed from the flange (might appear like an intact blade to unexperienced users). I used my own blade and put the other one back on the spindle afterwards since the manual says 'don't leave spindle without blade'.
When I hit the 'single cut' button the blade moved backwards by 1.5 mm, made the single cut and moved forward to its original position at the end of the cut. Is this programmable ? I have never experienced this before.