Problem wafersaw SNF 2006-02-17 13:04:42: "Fast" is slow!

mtang at snf.stanford.edu mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 17 13:04:47 PST 2006

Hi everyone --
Just wanted to document that the "Fast" button doesn't work (or only does so intermittently) so the X/Y knobs move very slowly.  Elmer has arranged for the K&S expert come in and repair this and other things March 1.  So, we know about the problem, there's not a lot we can do about it now, but the machine works and there's a plan in place for repair.  Until then, you might program the Index I/Index II values for 1-2 mm and make a lot of small jumps.