Comment wafersaw SNF 2007-03-21 02:42:48: Spindle Overload & Blade Run-In

sjo at snf.stanford.edu sjo at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 21 02:42:49 PDT 2007

I had an instance of spindle overload. I had set the wafer diameter to 100mm, but the saw came in early and sunk the blade into the wafer quite suddenly. This cracked the wafer and resulted in the overload condition. Fortunately the blade did not make contact with the chuck, however. To prevent this from happening, the only immediate solution is to generously overstate the wafer diameter - I used 120mm for the 100mm wafer and had no further problems.