Problem wafersaw SNF 2007-09-21 12:00:33: Theta motor problem

mtang at snf.stanford.edu mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 21 12:00:33 PDT 2007

ikding reports the same problem.  The machine is usable, but only in the Index I mode.  It can be aligned in Index I, according to I-Kang, but when you hit Index II, the motor gets stuck and/or moves extremely slowly.
I rebooted the system and it goes through the limit switch check (including theta motor limits) just fine.  This suggests that it's not a mechanical problem.
We'll leave the system in yellow for now, but be aware of this problem -- do not use Index II.