wafersaw shutdown

Jonathan Kurz jonkurz at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 12 14:37:24 PDT 2000

Hello wafersaw users,

  Some of you may not be aware that the wafersaw has been shut down, and
that it will be weeks before it is running again, if ever.  According to
Len Booth, it may be time to have the machine completely rebuilt -- which
could cost $45k or more.

  I know that the saw has been enabled an average of once per day this
year, by 38 different users, so I imagine that I'm not the only person
inconvenienced by this long-term shutdown.

  I would like to get an idea of how many users have immediate dicing
needs, and whether anyone has information on using local foundries.

Thanks,
Jonathan