Crystal shop

Jonathan Kurz jonkurz at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 12 17:25:34 PDT 2000

Wafersaw users,

  Thanks for all your responses -- I strongly suggest you email John Shott
(shott at snf.stanford.edu) telling him that you too are waiting to use the
wafer saw, and that fixing it should be a fairly high priority.  It seems
that CIS is struggling to pay for the installation of the recently donated
Intel equipment, and is not anxious to have the wafersaw rebuilt.

  Regarding the Ginzton crystal shop: it will not be a dicing alternative
for long since Chris Remen is leaving in two weeks (with no replacement in
sight).  Only a few students are now qualified to use the wafersaw in
Ginzton (Chris runs a special class, offered once per year) and currently
this saw is also broken.  Note that even with Chris here, this wafersaw
had constant problems -- without him, who knows.

Thanks,
Jonathan