Wafersaw status Wednesday 5/3/00

Len Booth booth at snf.stanford.edu
Wed May 3 14:59:55 PDT 2000

Wafersaw users -
	I've been able to replace some failed components,
and get the saw controller to at least boot-up again.
However, a spindle overload fault is still unsolved and
preventing the spindle motor from running.  I'm in
contact with folks at K&S who are trying to come up
with solutions.  They may have some suggestions by
tomorrow (5/4).  Because of the age of our machine,
it is difficult to find technicians who still remember
the details of repairing it.  I will send out another
e-mail message when there is further news to report.
			Len