Pls Clean the Spindle!

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 13 10:17:52 PDT 2003

Greetings wafersaw users --

As you may have seen in recent wafersaw emails, Len has had to repair
the spindle, which was nicked or scratched, making it hard to remove
blades.

I feel personally responsible for this, since the cause is a training
issue.  Please, please, please, use a clean wipe to wipe the spindle and
the inside of your blade before installing the blade.  Any gunk and Si
dust will get ground into the spindle and make blades stick.  The
spindle will then need to be polished to make it smooth again -- and
needless to say, we can't do this forever and expect the blades to fit
nicely.  Those of you who have trained with me should know that this is
one of the three truly important things to remember on this system,
otherwise you risk the wrath-of-Len.  (Pop quiz question:  what are the
other two things?)  And if you have trained with me and have forgotten
these things, then you are risking the wrath-of-Mary.

Also, just to let you know -- new operating instructions should be in
place soon -- and this will include this info.

Thanks for your attention --

Mary

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.