Breaking wafers?

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 7 15:06:22 PDT 2004

Thanks,

I'd absolutely no idea about this.  I'd been told (by Len, the saw expert) that setting the diameter larger was helpful for the occasional problem in which the saw didn't cut all the way across, but maybe this is related to starting in the
middle...  This is easy to do in principle, but does mean we wouldn't be able to take advantage of a slow entry speed (though perhaps small insurance against breaking wafers...)

I'll try it out and see if I can likewise induce/cure the problem.

And unless I hear otherwise, I'll plan on adding Alan's method to the operating procedures and training...

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu