Comment wbdiff SNF 2005-02-21 13:10:17: The RCA hot pot is intermittently going whacko.

lindaw at snf.stanford.edu lindaw at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 21 13:10:17 PST 2005

I seems that the controller for the 5:1:1 hot pot has been intermittently possessed by an evil demon that causes all the alarm led's to flash off and on, and the temp display to read "6" when the timer button is pushed. If the heater or timer buttons are pushed, the display then reads "8888", but thankfully the shrieking alarm then goes off.  If the heater or timer buttons are pressed again, all is normal.  I am unable to cast out the demon residing in the controller through shouting obcenities at it.  Perhaps someone on the staff will be more successful.