Problem wbdiff SNF 2006-11-18 09:15:48: right hot pot won't aspirate

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Nov 18 10:25:55 PST 2006

Found 1/2 inch line had come out of black 1/2 inch FastNTite fitting underneath the glove rinse section of the deck.  I replaced the O-ring, reinsetred the line and hand tightened.  I didn't use one of the little metal springs from the normal FastNTites on top of the "pressure piece" of the fitting.  If we have a special top piece for chemical service fittings of this type I couldn't find it.
If there is such a thing and we have them, they should be better labelled in the cabinet.
Note:  this fixed the aspirator.  However, I notice that channel 2 of the DI resistivity monitor is in alarm.  I don't know how to fix that.  Also, just behind the aspirator valve that I repaired is a little 1/8 inch diameter teflon tube that goes nowhere but is flowing water into the base of the deck.  That certainly looks suspicious to me, but I couldn't easily determine where the line was supposed to connect.  So, I left it in that condition.
Thanks,
John
Note: I have no confidence that the aspirator failure had anything to do with the leakage on the floor, so I am not going to clear that problem until there is more direct evidence that we have found and fixed a real source of that leakage.
Thanks,John