Who left the HCl hot pot empty?????

Sharleen Beckwith beckwith at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 14 15:58:25 PST 2000

When I came in around noon today the HCl hot pot was empty. PLEASE do NOT
leave hot pots empty without leaving a note and sending e-mail to the user
list (see the e-m address above) explaining why you are doing something
like this. I had no way of knowing if there was a
problem with the hot pot or not. Given the history of the past two weeks,
I assumed the worst (someone had contaminated it) and cleaned it with HCl
before I used it. This caused a tremendous back log of people who needed
to use the bench (not to mention "wasting" a substantial amount of MY
time).

We all have to share the equipment in this lab. You are not operating in a
vacuum. Whatever you do affects all the people who come after you. Please
remember this when you are in the lab!

Sharleen