Remote monitoring of Tylan

Ted Berg tberg at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 6 08:03:57 PDT 2005

Good Moning Everyone,
    Good news, now you can remotely monitor the status of the tylan
furnaces close to real time(within 5 minutes).  As most of you have
probably noticed,
the TYCOM now does some annoying HOST things every 5 minutes where it
queries all 12 tubes.  This data is being dumped into a database on
another computer and can be seen remotely by going to the following
work on all campus PCs. It is not yet working on the sunrays in the lab,
but John Shott is looking into that.  The user name and passwords are
currently both tylan when it prompts.  We should soon be able to look
back at history if problems occur duing off hours.  Please try out the
system and let me know if you encounter any problems. The only other
requirement i know of is that you must have at least Java runtime
version 1.4.2 on the computer.  Remember that data may be up to 5
minutes old. Thanks for your patience. ted