Nonstop scrolling of Tycom

Ted Berg tberg at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 10 10:09:02 PST 2005

Hello all Tylan Users,
    Just an update for all concerning that darn scrolling of the tycom.
We have been trying to get a remote status for us to see what is
going on since Crystal has been down this is way over a year now.  In
order to get the status, we are polling the TYCOM on a regular basis.
This time
is variable and now is set to 1 minute between scans i have started and
stopped the program several times to get data in the data base.  The
good news is that soon(i Hope) everyone will be able to go to a URL and
see status from any Stanford computer.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  I
am moving the sample rate out to 5 min hopefully this will ease the
pain.  It should be better soon.  Please hang in there and let me know,
as Robin did, if there are issues/ suggestions.  Thanks,ted