Comment wbgaas-hpl SNF 2005-11-06 14:01:34: broken glass on floor across from bench

lindaw at snf.stanford.edu lindaw at snf.stanford.edu
Sun Nov 6 14:01:35 PST 2005

I found a bunch of plastic pipette tip boxes and templates on the floor behind the table across from the wbgaas this morning.  There was also a broken piece of pipette, with a trace amount of a clear liquid in it.  I double bagged this in 2 ziplocks, then double bagged in Haz waste bags.  I put it in the left side pass through.  There is also an erlenmeyer flask on the floor, attached to some rubber tubing, which in turn is attached to the other half of the broken glass pipette.  It did not appear to have any chemicals in it.  I left a note and some hazard tape around the area.