Problem wbgaas-hpl SNF 2010-02-18 12:02:33: hotplate working, needs clean

tdo at snf.stanford.edu tdo at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 18 12:02:34 PST 2010

I arrived to use the wetbench this morning, enabled, and pressed the POWER RESET button because I desired to use the DI water faucet.  The previous user had left the hot plate temperature set on, and there was a cleanroom wipe also left on the hot plate.  Since the reset button powers everything on, the hot plate began to heat.  The wipe was burned on the hotplate, and the surface needs cleaning from the charred wipe.
I admit that I should have checked the hot plate was off after hitting the POWER RESET button (as trained), but it is easy to forget since I had no desire to use the hot plate.  I think it would be better to have the DI water (and aspirator) functional by enabling on Coral, rather than having to hit the reset button.  That would  prevent a potentially hazardous situation if another user makes the same mistake.  Note this is how wbgen operates (there is no need to turn on the power to the hot plate in order to get water / aspirator).