Comment wbgen-hpr SNF 2006-06-09 11:52:34: loud exhaust noise at ~11:35-11:40 today

lindaw at snf.stanford.edu lindaw at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 9 11:52:39 PDT 2006

The bench exhaust started making a very loud cyclic whinning noise for about 5 min this morning.  Then it stopped.  It souded like the exhaust pump (if there is one) was really straining.  No fumes escaped from the hood, as there was still exhaust being pulled. During the 5 min I checked the wbgaas bench, and it was quiet, I went to check the silicide bench, and it was quiet.  When I returned to the wbgen, the noise was dying down and then was quiet again.  What the heck???