Comment wbgen-hpr SNF 2006-06-09 11:52:34: loud exhaust noise at ~11:35-11:40 today

Dick Crane rcrane at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 14 14:33:00 PDT 2006

Hi Linda,

I checked the exhaust system on Monday. Everything was fine. The exhaust
system has two large blowers (25,000 cfm each) and two fume scrubbers
located in the basement. We have had noisy failures before, but were not
able to hear them outside the basement. It is possible for foreign
objects (wipes) to get sucked in to the exhaust duct and make a big
noise. Or I suspect you may have been hearing some other equipment
perhaps through the exhaust duct (vac pump exhaust?).

Thanks noting the event for us,

Dick