Questions about the Si wet etching process in SOI wafer

jim kruger jimkruger at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 12:20:59 PDT 2011

TMAH is very selective to the thin native SiO2 on all Si, much more than KOH.  I am guessing that your SOI had a little more SiO2 than your test wafer.
Use a 50:1 HF dip for 30 or 60 sec (60 sec =~ 50A) just before the TMAH, rinse but no need to dry, just into the TMAH.  I don't think the doping plays much roll until very high levels of Boron.

jim