Water level in CTB is zero

Linda Whittelsey lindaw at sunray.snffab.stanford.edu
Wed May 2 07:48:28 PDT 2001

Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 07:38:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Linda Whittelsey <lindaw>
Subject: Water level in CTB is zero
To: flannery at snf.stanford.edu
Cc: wbgenctb at snf.stanford.edu
Content-MD5: 8HnR12ZOtsM8mxigS+IzPA==

Tony, and all others who use the ctb at temps above 60C

The water will evaporate, despite the foam covering.  This morning I found the
bath completely empty and the motor making a rather nasty sound.  This is very
bad. This can destroy the heating elements, and the recirculation motor.
Luckily, this did not happen this morning.  I refilled the bath and it seems to
be working ok. Tony, be aware that your process was not at the desired temp for
an unknown period of time.  All users need to be aware that the water level
needs to be monitored on a fairly frequent basis, especially when running at
higher temps. For temps above 80C, the bath should be checked 2-3 times a day,
and refilled as needed.  Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Linda W.