Unknown chemical at wbgeneral

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 8 10:23:03 PDT 2005

Help --

There is a large plastic/teflon beaker containing an unknown liquid at
wbgeneral.  It is not labeled with a blue card.  This must have occurred
sometime yesterday or today.  Whoever did this, please take care of this
right away, or at the very least, inform us what the chemical is, so
that we can handle it appropriately.  Or, if you know anything about
this, please let us know.

If no one gets back to me by the end of today, I'll have no choice but
to impose the my favorite, traditional punishment on everyone who
enabled the bench over the time in question.  Remember, even if the
beaker is NOT yours, but you enabled/used the bench knowing it was
there, you are responsible as well -- if only for safety's sake, you
should always be aware of what other chemical processes are going on at
this bench before you use it.  (My favorite punishment, for those
interested, is to come up with a question that is suitable [I really do
mean "suitable" - not a "stupid" one] for us to use on the safety test,
either at wbgeneral in this case, or for SNF safety.)

Thanks for your attention -

Mary

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.