Unknown chemical at wbgeneral

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 11 07:13:39 PDT 2005

Thanks Yoav --

I appreciate your note and understand your situation.  Please
understand, though, that when you have enabled the bench, you are
responsible for it during that time.  It is important to be aware of the
other activities on the bench, so that any misunderstanding and any
safety situations can be avoided.  By the same token, anyone using the
bench either should enabled, so you know who they are from Coral.  On
stations where several people can share at the same time (for example,
wbnonmetal and wbdiff wet benches), anyone else using the bench should
inform/ask the person who has enabled that tool.  I'm sorry that we put
the burden on the person enabling a tool, but Coral is the only way we
have of tracking equipment use.

Please realize that this person violated an important, basic safety rule
(not labeling chemicals) and also took advantage of your good nature by
using your "enable" time without asking.  In the big scheme of things,
this was not serious (the chemical was likely water), but this is also
something we need to follow up on.  If you have any idea who this person
is, let me know and I will have a chat with him or her.

Thanks again,

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu