Enabling wbgeneral

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 15 08:04:23 PDT 2005

wbgeneral users --

I hear that there is confusion about the enabling policy on this bench.
Please understand:

*If you are using this bench, you should enable it, even if you are not
using a hot plate or constant temperature bath.  *

Even though this is "just another bench", I feel this is the most
hazardous operation in the lab.  This is because this bench is used for
so many different process by so many different people.  Only those
people have undergone the Uli-qualification (or the admittedly
second-rate Mary-qualification, when Uli's on vacation) may use this
bench.  Thus, the requirement for enabling.  If you see a chemical or
processing at this bench and someone is not enabled, this person is
violating lab policy and should be confronted or reported to us.

Thanks for your attention --

Mary

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.