chemicals left on cassettes

Robin King robinhmb at
Sat Dec 9 02:28:50 PST 2006

This evening I happened to notice a wet cassette drying on the table
across from wbgeneral.  It caught my eye because the cleanroom paper
underneath it had turned yellow where droplets had fallen.  My guess
is someone used Cr etch (I remember seeing a container of it earlier)
and they didn't rinse the cassette.

PLEASE, thoroughly rinse all labware inside and out for three minutes
in actively flowing DI when you're finished with it.  Don't let
carelessness cause someone else to get an acid burn.

Thanks, from another lab user.

Have a burning question?
Go to and get answers from real people who know.