Giaquinto, Bob bgiaquinto at
Wed Mar 2 10:05:53 PST 2005

            I am in the beginning stages of using "Pad Etch" to etch phos doped CVD (SI02) off of the front surface of aluminum metallized transistors. At room temperature the etch rate is approx. 5000 ang/min.

            I am attempting to open a small bond pad on top of pure aluminum. This pad etch was recommended to me for use, but it is leaving various degrees of staining on the exposed aluminum.

            I was searching the web for some information about this etchant and your web sight came up. I was hoping that you may be able to shed some light on the prevention and/or removal of staining on the aluminum surface. Thanks for your input.

Bob Giaquinto

Sr. Process Engineer

6 Lake Street

Lawrence, MA 01841