HF Crystals on Wet Bench

Elaheh Sigari sigari at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 14 15:44:52 PDT 2003

I found large crystaline HF spots around the 6:1 HF when I wanted to use
nonmetal wet bench this afternoon. These large spots were everywhere: on
the bench, on the tank lid, side window and top windows. Fortunately, a very
kind lab user cleaned everywhere except the spots on top windw ( we
found it unsafe to rinse it with water). unfortunatley it is hard to find
out who was reposible for this mess. I am also worried about the safty
of the person that might have got some HF on himself or herself. I just
wanted to remind whoever that left the wet bench in this condition about
the lab ethics and ask him or her to work more safely and be more
respectful to other labmembers by keeping the working areas clean.

Thanks
Elaheh