polysilicon recipe

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 16 07:36:48 PDT 2012

Scott,

Poly is a challenge.  It is very dependent on the deposition
temperature, so there is no correct recipe.  The best approach is to use
a 3 component EMA film.  At 580C it will be a combination of crystalline
silicon, amorphous silicon and voids.  I would suggest a 75-20-5 as the
starting percentages.  As you go higher in temperature the percentage of
crystalline silicon increases.  As you go lower, the percentage of
amorphous silicon dominates.

Ed